A Monster Halloween
Here’s something I never do: wait until the last minute. But that’s what happened with my costume this year. I waited until the very last minute to decide on something and execute it. If this monster looks a little familiar, it’s because I was madly and heavily inspired by this post over at Fiskars. Here’s how I did mine:
- Bought hoodie in little boys’ section at Target ($12.99)
- Purchased ping pong ball set, Target ($1.50)
- Crocheted horns, stuffed ’em, sewed ’em on.
- Cut ears out of felt. Sewed them on.
- Sewed felt teeth to inside of hood.
- Used Sharpie to make pupils on ping pong balls. Glued pin backs to ping pongs. Pinned them to hood.
- Used fusible web to stick felt spots on. THIS DID NOT WORK WELL. By the end of the night, a lot of the spots had fallen off.
- Made a pair of aqua-colored Peasy Gloves.
- Painted my nails blue. I never paint my fingernails, and this felt pretty strange.
- Tied on yarn hair extensions.